It's fun to receive an email from a friend or a potential connection, right? It's something that helps make your time on Deaf Singles Connection worthwhile—making friends, starting romantic connections and looking for that special person. There are a lot of ways to connect on Deaf Singles Connection, but the best way to really get to know someone is to spend time communicating, and this is where Mail comes in.
QUICK TIP: Every time someone sends you an email at Deaf Singles Connection, you should get an Alert sent to your regular email address. If you don't remember seeing these, check in 'account' and make sure your Alerts are turned on and then check your 'Bulk' folder in your regular email box. If they're in the Bulk folder, add Deaf Singles Connection to your address book and you'll always see us in your Inbox. For directions on how to do this, click here.
It's fun to receive Mail, but it's also fun to send Mail off to someone you find interesting. This is where the questions start flying:
- "What do I say?"
- "How do I start a conversation?"
- "What do I talk about?"
Here are some quick tips to help you start the conversation and keep it flowing through email:
- Flattery will get you everywhere! Everyone loves a compliment. Start off your conversation with a friendly (but sincere) compliment. Use something specific that stood out to you on their profile and go with it. They will love the personalized touch.
- Keep it simple. First impressions do count, but don't spend too much time trying to compose the perfect message. Initially, try a few sentences or maybe a short paragraph. Mention something interesting you read in their profile and end it with a fun question to encourage a response.
- Dont be afraid to ask! If you are looking for a reply, asking a question is your best bet. Try asking about something specific you read in their profile. Just be careful not to ask anything too personal too soon; those questions can come up as your relationship progresses.
- It's all about them. Your interest in someone else will pique theirs in you. When writing your first message, be sure to focus more on your recipient than yourself. The more specific you can be about their interests, the better.
The #1 thing to keep in mind when you're on Deaf Singles Connection is that this is fun! Being part of this community is about having fun, finding new friends, meeting new people and hanging out with those that you know. Enjoy yourself during this time in your life and that will come through loud and clear when you are talking (and flirting!) with others.